There’s no doubt that developing a lifelong habit of reading is one of the best ways to increase your wisdom and success in life. As the saying goes, “readers are leaders.”
My guest today has taken this to the extreme. In the past five years, Mani Vaya has read over 1,000 books in the fields of business and personal development. He now reads an average of seven books per week.
In this episode, we talk about why every man should read regularly and widely, along with tricks for how to accelerate the way you absorb information from books. Plus, we discuss the merits of quantity-reading vs. quality-reading, the importance of putting knowledge into action, how to know if a book worth your time, and much more.
Reading by itself is one of the most powerful learning habits we can develop”
Mani Vaya is the founder of 2000 Books, an online channel that provides business, entrepreneurship and self help book summaries for ambitious people. Originally a Physicist and Electrical & Computer Engineer by trade, Mani spent 13 years in the tech industry before realizing that he wanted to follow his passion for soaking up actionable ideas from the world’s greatest self-development books.
- The first book that dramatically changed Mani’s life and vision for the future
- The hacks Mani uses to gets through 7 books per week
- How to stay focused while reading a book
- The importance of taking action from what you’ve read
- Quantity reading vs. quality reading
- How reading broadly can help you create a network of difference reference points
- How “mind maps” can help you internalize information from a book
- How “chunking” can help you retain information
- Just-in- time vs. just-in-case learning
- How Mani chooses which books to focus on
- When do decide to when to abandon a book or stick with it
- Menfluential Conference
- The Power of Positive Thinking
- The 4-Hour Work Week
- This is Marketing,
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- Example of mindmap
- Made it Stick
- Moonwalking with Einstein
- 2000 Books Mental Toughness Course
- As a Man Thinketh
- The Obstacle is The Way
- Think and Grow Rich
Connect with Mani
Weekly Inspiration on How to Become a Better Man
Get our latest posts delivered right to your inbox.