Today on the podcast, we talk with Alexa Shoen about how to completely reimagine how you approach searching for a job and growing your career. Alexa is the founder of Entry Level Boss, a career mentoring company that helps take the pain and confusion out of the job hunt process.
In this episode, Alexa and I discuss how to take a more thoughtful approach to figuring out your next career move, unconventional ways to get your foot in the door of companies that interest you, how to avoid the hamster wheel of “resume and cover letter Hell,” and much more.
As you’ll hear in the interview, Alexa has a ton of great insights to share, and she’s a tremendously talented person.
- How to avoid the job search “junk food diet” and stop spamming multiple employers with your resume
- Why the career ladder is now more like a jungle gym
- Some people are so concerned they’ll make the wrong decision, that they don’t make any decision at all
- The importance of building transferable skills in your current career
- A better way to use networking to land a job that you love
- Why having smart questions in an interview can be better than trying to have all the answers
- “Not everyone is meant to build a business, but everyone needs to be the CEO of their own career.”
- And more…