The word “millionaire” is definitely a loaded term. For most people, it conjures up images of the wildly rich. You know, those people who, instead of working real jobs, while away their days partying on their mega yachts or continent-hopping in their private jets?
But the truth is, being a millionaire is usually less exciting than that. Today, my guest Chris Hogan shares how becoming a millionaire is far more attainable than most people think.
The millionaires that we talked to, these people are very humble, they’re not flashy, they’re hard-working everyday people that you work beside, go to church with, or live near.”
Chris Hogan is a #1 national best-selling author, financial expert and host of The Chris Hogan Show. For more than a decade, Hogan has served at Ramsey Solutions, equipping and challenging people to take control of their money and reach their financial goals.
In this episode, we talk about his new book, Everyday Millionaires: How Ordinary People Built Extraordinary Wealth—And How You Can Too.
We discuss some of the biggest myths around millionaires. Plus, Chris shares insights from his extensive research connecting with over 10,000 real-life millionaires. We also get into some of the key attributes that set millionaires apart, along with the simple mindset shifts you need in order to start on your path to becoming an everyday millionaire.
Don’t wait for your income to grow before you get more serious.”
- The baggage around the term “millionaire”
- Why net worth is such an important measure
- Contrary to popular belief, most millionaires didn’t inherit their wealth
- The simple magic of intentional budgeting
- Employer-sponsored retirement plans are boring, but important
- How to put the “eighth wonder of the world”—compound interest—to work for you
- How a focus on giving can help drive your own wealth
- Cultivating an abundance mindset vs a scarcity mindset
- Most people shell out money for experts like doctors and mechanics, but they’re not willing to pay a financial expert for help
- Why you should never wait to start taking your money seriously
- Everyday Millionaires: How Ordinary People Built Extraordinary Wealth—And How You Can Too.
- The Chris Hogan Show
- Net Worth Calculator