It’s been said that many people fear the idea of public speaking more than death. That’s pretty crazy, but I get it. Even some of the most polished and experienced speakers deal with stage fright on a regular basis.
Our guest today, Dave Stuart Jr., brings a unique perspective to the topic of public speaking. In this episode, we talk about the critical reasons why you should care about presentation skills, how to gradually improve your confidence speaking in front of an audience, how to overcome anxiety, fine-tune your delivery, and more…
Dave Stuart Jr.
Dave Stuart Jr. is a high school teacher and a “teacher of teachers” who writes about literacy instruction, student motivation, and the inner work of teaching on his blog DaveStuartJr.com. Dave speaks about his work through keynotes and workshops at conferences and school-based events around the US, and over 35,000 people read his articles each month. He is also the creator of the successful Student Motivation Course, and the author of 3 books, including his latest work These 6 Things: How to Focus Your Teaching on What Matters Most.
Public speaking is something we all have to do, whether it’s a job interview or a date….”
- Why public speaking may be getting harder for younger generations
- How preparation can help you focus on providing value and get out of your head
- How even situations like a job interview or a date should be considered “public speaking”
- Erik Palmer’s PVLEGS framework for mastering speech delivery
- How video-taping yourself ahead of time can help you identify the good and the bad of your performance
- How to use eye contact to help amplify your connection with an audience
- How to recover and buy time when something goes wrong on stage
- How teaching skills can improve your powers of persuasion
- Well Spoken, by Erik Palmer
- Tim Urban TED Talk on Procrastination
- These 6 Things: How to Focus Your Teaching on What Matters Most.
Connect With Dave Stuart Jr.
Weekly Inspiration on How to Become a Better Man
Get our latest posts delivered right to your inbox.