A lot of guys view basic grooming much like mowing the lawn—something that just has to be done so things don’t get out of control. But some men have learned that investing more in their grooming can have a far bigger effect: It can help them build confidence and create momentum in many other areas of their lives.
My guest today knows a thing or two about how grooming can change your life. Eric Bandholz is the Founder and Creative Director of Beardbrand, a bootstrapped men’s grooming company based in Austin, TX. Beardbrand has been able to grow organically through its massive community of followers on YouTube, Instagram, and their blog. The growth comes from a brand focused approach to business with everything tying back to their mission to foster confidence through grooming.
In this episode, Eric shares how he’s seen that mission come to life, and how he first started his entrepreneurial journey. Plus, he talks about general grooming tips that can help you look and feel your best, whether or not you have a beard…and much more."Grooming is an investment in yourself....How can you invest in someone else if you can’t invest in yourself?"Click To Tweet
- How Eric started his first business at age 9
- The lucky break from The New York Times that helped propel Beardbrand’s momentum
- How the Urban Beardsman ethos helped redefine what it means to have facial hair
- The biggest mistakes guys make when trying to grow a beard
- Finding a beard style that works for you
- How your genetics and your lifestyle affect your ability to grow and care for a healthy beard
- Why grooming can help you spur other positive changes in your life
- The importance of being an individual, above all
The grooming pillar, for a lot of our customers, is that catalyst into becoming a better person.”
- Menfluential Conference
- Beardbrand YouTube channel
- Bearded Dude Being Awesome Video
- Beardbrand Beard Wash
- Beardbrand Beard Softener
- Sea Salt Spray
- Shampoo & Conditioner
Connect with Eric
Weekly Inspiration on How to Become a Better Man
Get our latest posts delivered right to your inbox.