When you hear the phrase “proper etiquette,” you might think of stuffy rules and traditions…that are only meaningful to people who live in estates in the English countryside.
But manners and etiquette play a critical role in holding together the cultural fabric of countries all over the globe.
As the world has shrunk, awareness of etiquette and established protocols has become even more important—both internationally and within the US.
In this video, I chat with international etiquette consultant Tamiko Zablith. Tamiko is the founder of Minding Manners, Europe’s leading etiquette and finishing school, based in London.
Tamiko is a real treat—full of energy, with a great sense of humor. I never thought talking about the “e-word” could be so much fun.
Tamiko shares her thoughts on:
- What life would be like without etiquette
- The critical importance of etiquette in the business world
- Why international business etiquette is all about “editing”
- The reason etiquette is about the “why” not just the “what”
- The most critical step for instilling etiquette
- What happens when technology outpaces established protocols
- How what’s right in one country may be completely wrong in another
- Why you should never cut fish with a knife when dining at Buckingham palace
- Tips for how you can start being more etiquette-savvy right now
- And more…
After you’ve watched the video, let me know what you think!
Please leave a comment below. And don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube channel if you want to see more videos like this.