There’s nothing quite as manly as cooking a steak. Yet surprisingly, most guys can’t do it very well.
Of course, not wanting to disappoint her, you calmly say “No problem. Step aside, I’ve got this.”
Meanwhile, in your mind you’re freaking out. You have no idea what you’re doing. But being the trooper that you are, you give it the ol’ college try.
Sadly, you end up either completely incinerating the steak and turning into shoe leather, or it comes out all floppy and still mooing.
For whatever reason, man is supposed to own the meat. Maybe it’s a remnant of the days when men hunted and the women gathered. But the reality is, we’re not born knowing how to cook steak. It’s something we’ve got to learn.
The good news is that cooking a steak is a skill where a little knowledge can go a long way to improve the final product.
In this video I show you how to cook a perfect steak using a cast iron frying pan.
I cover off on some of the most common questions about cooking steak, like:
- What kind of steak should you use?
- How much seasoning does it need?
- What’s the ideal kind of pan to use?
- How hot do you need to get the pan?
- How can you get a perfect sear for that beautiful crust and color?
- What’s the purpose of letting the meat rest?
- What should you serve with steak?
If you end up giving it a try, let me know how it goes in the comments below! How do you like your steak?