Today on the podcast, we talk with Larry Hagner about how to be a great dad. Larry is the founder of The Good Dad Project and the host of phenomenally successful and informative Dad Edge Podcast. He’s also the author of the book, The Dad’s Edge: 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories.
There are many roles a man can play throughout his life—son, brother, friend, co-worker, husband…But perhaps none of these is quite as daunting as being a father.
In this episode, Larry and I talk about the challenges first-time fathers face, how the dad role has changed in the last few years, how to maintain intimacy with your wife even as your family grows, and much much more.
- Larry’s personal struggle to become a better father and husband
- Why Larry ultimately left a successful career to help dads become better men
- How fatherhood has changed in the last few decades, and the unique challenges that dads face now
- Why it’s critical to maintain intimacy and communication with your wife once you have kids
- The mistake most men make that can sabotage their happiness and ability to be a good father
- Why tribe and community are so important to being a successful dad
- “You can’t pour into anyone from an empty cup.”
- And more…
- The Shawshank Redemption
- Unfu*k Yourself: Get Out of Your Head and Into Your Life, by Gary John Bishop
- Unbeatable Mind: Forge Resiliency and Mental Toughness to Succeed at an Elite Level, by Mark Divine
- The Dad’s Edge: 9 Simple Ways to Have: Unlimited Patience, Improved Relationships, and Positive Lasting Memories
Connect With Larry Hagner
Weekly Inspiration on How to Become a Better Man
Get our latest posts delivered right to your inbox.