All content provided on www.thedistilledman.com is for informational purposes only. While The Distilled Man makes every effort to ensure the accuracy of the information provided, readers are using the information on this site at their own risk. Neither The Distilled Man nor its owner will be liable for any errors or omissions in this information nor for the availability of this information. Neither The Distilled Man nor its owner will be liable for any losses, injuries, or damages from the display or use of this information.
At The Distilled Man, we value your privacy and recognize that safeguarding any information we may collect from you or which you may provide to us is of the utmost importance. We will never sell or rent your information to any third party.
We will only collect and use your Personal Data where:
- we have lawful grounds to do so, including to comply with our legal obligations;
- we are performing a contract with you for our services;
- we have legitimate interests in using your Personal Data and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests
1. Personal Data we collect via thedistilledman.com (the “Website”)
Personal Data that you provide to us:
We only collect Personal Data where you choose to interact with us on the Website in the following ways:
- When you sign up to receive free content, including eBooks, downloads, videos and other offers (we collect email address, first name, last name)
- When you purchase an ebook directly from us or sign up for a course (we collect name, email address; payment details are held by our payment processor, not us)
- When you complete one of our contact forms, such as the Contact, Advertising Inquiry or Write for Us form (we collect name, email address, phone number, website, and any Personal Data which you provide to us in the free text box of the form)
- When you complete a comment form on a blog post (we collect name, email address, website, and any Personal Data which you provide to us in the free text box of the comment form)
Data that we collect automatically:
As is common with other websites, we collect details such as the browser type, referring page and time of visit, the domain name of your Internet service provider, and anonymized IP addresses.
Cookies are small digital signature files that are stored by your web browser that allow your preferences to be recorded when visiting the website. Also, they may be used to track your return visits to the website.
The information is used to enhance the visitor’s experience when using the website to display content that is more relevant to the visitor and possibly advertising.
Disabling Cookies: You can prevent the setting of cookies by adjusting the settings on your browser (see your browser Help for how to do this).
Be aware that disabling cookies will affect the functionality of this and many other websites that you visit. Disabling cookies will usually result in also disabling certain functionality and features of the site. Therefore it is recommended that you do not disable cookies.
Google Ads and Facebook Ads
Google’s use of advertising cookies enables it and its partners to serve ads to users based on their visit to this sites and/or other sites on the Internet.
2. Use of your Personal Data
We will only use your Personal Data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we use your Personal Data to:
- process and manage your use of our website
- respond to your questions, comments, and requests
- where you have opted-in to receive marketing from us, deliver communications that are relevant to your preferences/may be of interest to you
- improve our services and Website through analysis of information
3. Sharing of your Personal Data
We take your privacy seriously and will not share your Personal Data with others, except as permitted by applicable law or as set out below:
We share Personal Data as necessary with third parties who provide services or functions on our behalf and who require the information to provide those specific services to us. These third parties may include social media advertising platforms such as Facebook and Google Adwords for the purpose of custom audience generation and the development of targeting criteria for other audiences. Please note that we have appropriate data privacy safeguards in place with third parties with whom we share Personal Data as described above and who are providing services or functions on our behalf.
4. Keeping your Personal Data secure
We have implemented security policies and technical measures to safeguard the Personal Data we collect. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable law, including the GDPR, to safeguard Personal Data from accidental loss, destruction or damage and unauthorized access, use and disclosure.
5. Retention periods for use of your Personal Data
This Website and our services are aimed at adults, and we do not knowingly collect any Personal Data relating to children aged under 16 years old. If you are under the age of 16, please do not provide us with any of your Personal Data, including your email address.
7. Access to and control over your Personal Data
You have legal rights under applicable law in relation to your Personal Data. You can ask the following questions, or take the following actions, at any time by contacting us via email at [email protected] or via our postal address (see the end of this page):
- see what Personal Data we hold about you (if any), including why we are holding it and who it could be disclosed to;
- ask us to change/correct your Personal Data;
- ask us to delete your Personal Data;
- object to the processing of your Personal Data;
- ask us to restrict the processing of your Personal Data;
- withdraw any consents you have given us to the processing of your Personal Data; and
- express any concerns you have about third parties’ use of your Personal Data
8. Change of purpose
We will only use your Personal Data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to have an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your Personal Data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
FTC Disclosures and Affiliate Information
Occasionally, The Distilled Man will feature sponsored articles and paid reviews of products. However, when we do, we clearly state that the content has been sponsored. That transparency is important to us. Additionally, it is important to note that we turn down far more product sponsorships than we accept. If the brand isn’t high-quality or if it’s not a good fit, we will not work with them.
The Distilled Man uses ads from the Amazon CPM ad network and may often use ads contracted directly by publishers.
Often, The Distilled Man includes affiliate links, where we make money if a visitor decides to purchase a product from our link (at no extra charge to them).
The Distilled Man is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com.
We are also a part of the following affiliate networks, which include many brand programs: ShareASale, Rakuten LinkShare, and Skim Links.
Brands are constantly dropping in and out of different affiliate programs, so a full list of the individual brands we have affiliate relationships with would be next to impossible. A few of the specific brands we do have affiliate relationships with are: Huckberry, Lovely Beards, BloomThat, Bookcase Club, Vinebox, The Personal Barber, The Nomadik, SaloonBox, Tribe Growth Group, SpartanCarton, Winc, The Dark Knot, BattlBox, Sock Fancy, Carnivore Club, Bean Box, Framebridge, Saddleback Leather, Urthbox, Trunk Club, One King’s Lane, Flaviar, BlueApron, Gentleman’s Box…the list goes on and on. It’s best to assume that every single link you see that points to a retailer has some sort of affiliate relationship with us.
Does our relationship with affiliate brands influence what goes up on our site? Absolutely not.
At The Distilled Man, we are passionate about helping men become better men. And to do that, we try to provide the highest quality content and experience. We won’t try to sell you crappy products just to just make a buck here and there. Without that standard, the experience for our visitors would be less than great. And if that happens, then visitors will stop visiting, and then where would we be?
The Distilled Man, LLC
1005 Northgate Dr. #196
San Rafael, CA 94903