Having big goals is important, but often the best way to achieve success is by focusing on tiny incremental gains every day. Measuring Inches instead of miles. Pennies, not dollars.
Today, my guest Tommy Baker talks about the counterintuitive strategy of making small but consistent improvements in your life. Tommy and I discuss why it’s critical to “fall in love with the process,” why you need to make progress towards your goal every day—even if it’s tiny—and how that consistency can ultimately yield exponential improvements in your life.
Tommy Baker helps dreamers, visionaries and entrepreneurs bring those dreams to life —and create a life they can’t wait to wake up for. As author of UnResolution, The 1% Rule and The Leap Of Your Life, Tommy believes living up to our potential is what we’re here for.
Through his writing, coaching and podcast, he’s helped thousands of people take their next bold step and never look back. He’s been featured in Entrepreneur, Influencive, Thought Catalog and more. You can also check out more at his website, ResistAverageAcademy.com.
We put so much of our energy on the outcome, and if we don’t hit it we tend to lose the perspective of all the growth that occurred throughout the process.”
- Why consistency can create exponential growth in all areas of your life
- How fear can stop you when you don’t take action immediately
- “The messy middle,” and why it’s critical you keep going
- Celebrating small daily victories
- Why your daily tasks should give you visible progress toward your goal
- The danger of allowing your focus to stray
- How changing your physicality can be a powerful “reality interrupt” to recharge
- Starting the first 30 minutes of your day on your own terms
Consistency is going to trump intensity”
- Unresolution: How to Ditch Resolutions Forever, Live Life by Design, and Achieve Your Dreams
- The 1% Rule: How to Fall in Love with the Process and Achieve Your Wildest Dreams
- The Leap of Your Life: How to Redefine Risk, Quit Waiting For ‘Someday,’ and Live Boldly
- The Way of The Superior Man
Connect With Tommy
Weekly Inspiration on How to Become a Better Man
Get our latest posts delivered right to your inbox.