These days, more and more men are embracing the “old ways” when it comes to grooming and style.
In the past, I’ve talked about the return of that great manly institution, the classic barbershop. In this post, we’ll delve into the ritual and benefits of traditional wet shaving.
Despite the advanced technology of mass-market “system” razors, many guys are going back to that steadfast combo of the safety razor and badger brush.
But why? Is it just the nostalgia of shaving like their grandpa? Or are they actually getting a superior shaving experience?
In this 2-part video, I chat with Rav, co-founder of British shaving and grooming company, Stubble & Strife.
In part 1, Rav shares his thoughts on:
- What’s behind the recent men’s grooming revolution
- Why the demand for old-school razors is driven by more than just nostalgia
- How one man’s life was changed when he rediscovered the ritual of traditional shaving (and how it all started with a hamburger)
In part 2, you’ll learn about:
- Why safety razors are fundamentally different from mass-market system razors
- How many men can get a superior shave with a safety razor once they learn proper technique
- The real difference between shave cream, shave gel, shave soap…and all the other options out there
- Why using a badger brush helps improve your shave—beyond just lathering up your face
- The top 2 investments Rav recommends if you want to embrace the routine of a traditional shave
Click below to watch Part 1 of the Video.
Once you’ve watched the videos, let me know what you think. Please leave a comment below!
Also, if you’re interested in exploring traditional shaving products, Stubble & Strife has provided an exclusive discount for Distilled Man readers. Visit their website and save 10% off when you use offer code DISTILLEDMAN.
Weekly Inspiration on How to Become a Better Man
Get our latest posts delivered right to your inbox.