So many men believe the myth that if they always do the right thing and put other people’s needs ahead of their own, they’ll be loved and their lives will be magically problem-free. Unfortunately, that approach rarely works out. Those men often find themselves feeling bitter, neglected, emotionally and sexually unfulfilled in relationships—or worse, in the “friend zone.”
My guest today, Dr. Robert Glover, calls this tragic condition “Nice Guy Syndrome.” In this episode, Dr. Glover and I talk about how to recognize the signs of Nice Guy Syndrome in yourself, why you need to re-connect with your own needs and boundaries, the best ways to create new vitality in your relationships, and much more.
Dr. Robert Glover
Dr. Glover is the author of the book, No More Mr. Nice Guy: A Proven Plan For Getting What You Want in Love, Sex and Life. He is the creator of Dating Essentials for Men and the director of TPI University. He is an internationally recognized authority on Nice Guy Syndrome. And he is a frequent guest on radio talk shows, having been featured in numerous publications. Through his book, online classes, workshops, podcasts, blogs, consultation, and therapy groups, Dr. Glover has helped change the lives of countless men and women around the world.
By making their needs a priority and putting themselves first, Nice Guys come to see the world as a place of abundance.”
- How Dr. Glover discovered Nice Guy Syndrome through his own personal experiences
- The three main “covert contracts” that Nice Guys unknowingly make with the world
- Why the “Nice Guy seduction strategy” doesn’t work, and why Nice Guys always end up in the friend zone
- How Nice Guys are subtly dishonest and manipulative without realizing it
- Why Nice Guy syndrome can make you lose your connection with other men
- The importance of setting boundaries and communicating your needs
- When men get comfortable with who they are, they can authentically attract women without doing anything
- No More Mr. Nice Guy: A Proven Plan For Getting What You Want in Love, Sex and Life
- The Way of the Superior Man by David Deida
Connect With Robert Glover
Weekly Inspiration on How to Become a Better Man
Get our latest posts delivered right to your inbox.