Deciding on a career path is sometimes so overwhelming that many of us never actually decide. Instead, we fall into the first job we find, and guess what? We’re miserable because the job doesn’t fit who we are.
On today’s episode, Scott Barlow and I talk about how to find a career that’s unapologetically you. Scott shares the importance of aligning your career with your values, why sometimes your personality quirks can be your greatest strengths, and how you can take action to learn whether a career path is right before actually committing to it.
Hey gents, I’ve got another great episode for you. Once again, my guest is Scott Barlow. He is the founder of Happen to Your Career, where helps people stop doing work that doesn’t fit them, and find out what does. Over and over, Scott has seen firsthand the transformation that happens when a person suddenly recognizes what they’re great at and can finally align their career with who they really are. If you’re considering a career change, you’re trying to get your first job, or maybe if you’ve just got a nagging feeling that something isn’t right at work, you should definitely listen to this episode.
- Why getting fired from his first job was the best thing that ever happened to Scott
- How to recognize the signs that your career isn’t aligned with who you are
- Thinking about your values without prioritizing them is useless
- Sometimes your personality quirks can end up being your “signature strengths”
- Working with your strengths and going “with the grain” allows you to handle more stress and to grow more easily
- Why informational interviews often don’t work, and a better way to learn about a potential career
- Most hiring managers don’t care if your job aligns with your values, they just want to solve a problem
- How to be your own advocate when you’re considering a new job
- Jason Bollman Interview
- Lisa Lewis Interview
- Barking Up the Wrong Tree
- The Power of Habit
- Free 8-Day “Figure it Out” Video Course
Connect With Scott Barlow
Weekly Inspiration on How to Become a Better Man
Get our latest posts delivered right to your inbox.