Today on the podcast, we talk with Tanner Guzy about his new book The Appearance of Power: How Masculinity is Expressed Through Aesthetics.
Tanner is the founder of the channel, Masculine Style, and you might remember him from episode 5, The Psychology of Dressing Well. That was a pretty popular episode, and Tanner’s a good friend of mine, so I’m really excited to have him back on the show.
In this episode, we talk about the deeper meaning behind the clothes you wear, why even men who “hate style” actually care deeply about their appearance (even if they don’t realize it), the three masculine archetypes you can use to help define your personal style, and much more.
- The difference between a strategic and a tactical approach to dressing better
- Dressing well doesn’t necessarily mean dressing up
- How men have historically signaled their masculinity and “usefulness to the tribe” through aesthetics
- How clothing can communicate the 4 masculine virtues
- The real reason it’s bad to let your girlfriend or wife dress you
- The three masculine archetypes and how they can help you define your personal style
- How to stop being reactive and start being proactive with your relationship to clothing
Connect With Tanner Guzy
Enjoying the podcast? Please rate and review the show on iTunes.