Not long ago, if you had a side-job, it was because you needed it to make ends meet, period. But now, more people are choosing to create “side-hustles” for entirely different reasons: to make a little extra spending money, to learn a new skill…or maybe even to parlay that side-hustle into their dream job.
On today’s episode, Brock McGoff discusses the trials and tribulations of his entrepreneurial journey. Brock talks about some of the passion projects he pursued, the one book that fundamentally changed how he valued his time and work, and how he ultimately turned his side-hustle into a successful full-time business.
Hey gents, I’ve got a special episode for you today. Once again, my guest is Brock McGoff. He’s a good friend of mine, and he is also the head honcho over at The Modest Man, where he helps short men dress better and ultimately feel more confident. Brock is one of the most talented, hard-working, yet down-to-earth guys I know. I really enjoyed our conversation, and I hope you do as well.
- Brock’s first adventure into entrepreneurial life and what he learned
- If money is your main motivation, you’re probably not heading in the right decision
- One book that changed the way Brock sees work and wealth
- How Brock began to see his day job as “fundraising”
- The danger of dabbling with entrepreneurship and the importance of playing for keeps
- Why you should scratch your own itch
- The myth of the “overnight success”
- Why Brock shares quarterly income reports
- Cross-pollination between your side hustle and your day job
- Why Brock still pursues other side hustles outside of The Modest Man
- The 4-Hour Work-Week
- Ryan Michler Interview with Noah Kagan
- Primer Magazine
- Effortless Gent
- Art of Manliness
- Jose Zuniga of Teaching Men’s Fashion
- Brock’s Quarterly Income Reports
- Pinch of Yum
- Pat Flynn and Smart Passive Income
- Eben Pagan
- The Buttoned Up Podcast