Hey gents, hope you’re having a great week. You may have noticed, I’ve slowed down a bit in creating new episodes. Well, this will actually be my last episode for The Distilled Man Podcast. And I think it’s a fitting topic. Today, we talk with the multitalented Paul Ollinger about reinvention, career second-acts, fatherhood, and living your purpose.
Paul Ollinger is a nationally-touring comedian, podcaster and corporate refugee. After 15 years selling advertising for companies like Yahoo! and Facebook (where he was employee #250) Paul launched the comedy career that has taken him all over North America, opening for legends like Norm Macdonald, Dave Attell, Daniel Tosh, and Roseanne Barr.
He has performed in the Laughing Skull, Asheville, Big Pine, Cleveland, DC, San Diego, and North Carolina comedy festivals. Earlier this year, he headlined the legendary Carolines on Broadway in New York City.
Paul is the host of the Crazy Money podcast in which he interviews celebrities, authors, and everyday people to explore how money affects their decision-making and happiness. He lives in Atlanta with his wife, two kids, and two goddamn French bulldogs.
Success feels like ability to do what you want to do, but doing thing you know you want to do as opposed to things you’re supposed to be doing.”
- Paul’s first taste of comedy in business school
- How Paul’s upbringing affected his views on wealth
- Should you take a sabbatical to pursue your dream?
- Paul’s return to the corporate world at a fledgling company called “Facebook”
- The importance of consistently showing up to improve your craft
- Defining your worth and knowing your limits
- Understanding wealth and the importance of identifying what you want
- How to create greater purpose in your life
- Crazy Money Podcast
- The Opposite of Spoiled
- Comedy special: “Alive on the Upper West Side”
Connect with Paul
- Email: PaulOllinger (at) gmail.com
Weekly Inspiration on How to Become a Better Man
Get our latest posts delivered right to your inbox.