In the age of social media, it’s now almost impossible to separate personal life from business. Whether we realize it or not, all of us have our own personal brands.
But if you’re an entrepreneur (or solopreneur) the question of whether you should inject your own personality into your business is even more of a consideration.
Today in the podcast, I talk with Chris Ducker about why everyone needs to lean in to embracing their personal brand. We discuss how The Rise of the Youpreneur (as Chris coined it) is already happening and why “making it personal” is a competitive advantage. Plus, we talk about how you can identify your strengths and how to craft your story so it helps attract the right people and weed out everyone else.
Your brand becomes what people say about you when you’re not around.”
A serial entrepreneur and author of the bestsellers, Virtual Freedom and Rise of the Youpreneur, Chris also owns and operates several businesses, which house over 350 full-time employees internationally. He’s also a trusted international business mentor, keynote speaker, podcaster, blogger, as well as the founder of Youpreneur.com, the world’s number one personal brand business education company, as well as being the self-proclaimed “Proudest Brit” doing business online.
People want to align themselves with people who are kickstarting and pushing movements.”
- How leaning in to your personal brand can have big impacts
- How being a Youpreneur gives you flexibility as your interests evolve
- Attract the people who love what you’re doing and repel everyone else
- When you build “the business of you,” it ultimately becomes future-proof
- The balance between authenticity and oversharing
- Being yourself can be a competitive advantage
- Build a business around you, but not completely reliant on you
- Figure out what you want to be known for
- How to develop an authentic story that resonates with people
- The Rise of the Youpreneur: The Definitive Guide The Definitive Guide to Becoming the Go-To Leader in Your Industry and Building a Future-Proof Business
- Lewis Howes
- This is Marketing, by Seth Godin
- Pat Flynn
- Order of Man
- The Karate Kid
- Say Anything
- Emily Baker
- Youpreneur Summit
Connect With Chris
Weekly Inspiration on How to Become a Better Man
Get our latest posts delivered right to your inbox.