As much we’d like to think that age doesn’t matter when it comes to style, the fact is, we have different needs at different stages in our lives. I’ve heard from a lot of subscribers who get to a certain age, and suddenly they aren’t sure how to dress. Can I still pull off the jeans/t-shirt/sneaker look, or do I need to rethink my wardrobe now?
In this episode, John Galfano talks about how guys 40 and over can dress their best. We discuss how to strike that balance between being age-appropriate and still looking youthful, the biggest style mistakes older guys make, plus, we get into specific tactics on how to find the right clothing brands for your body type and your stage in life.
If you killed it [with your style] in your 20s and are still trying to do the same thing in your 40s, that’s just not going to work.”
John is the founder of 40OverFashion.com, a men’s lifestyle site catering to grownup men of all ages. 40 Over Fashion offers style inspiration, product reviews, ideas and lifestyle topics for guys who understand that first impressions are important. The goal at 40OverFashion.com is to help educate men about the often overlooked aspects of style and grooming, and to help boost their confidence. I had a chance to hang out with John recently, and he’s really just a all-around great guy. And his YouTube channel has a ton of great content—highly worth checking out.
Where can we go in our 40s, 50s, and 60s…to get clothes that fit our bodies, and don’t make us look like we’re trying to be 25 again?”
- The most common style mistakes guys over 40 make
- How to strike the balance between looking youthful and still being age-appropriate
- Understanding how to use contrast and patterns appropriately for your body type
- How to turn your shopping into research, plus John’s favorite denim shopping hack
- Why you need to care about style if only for your significant other’s stake
- How to stage a “style intervention”…without being a jerk
- How to achieve an elevated casual look
- John’s experience with “gray blending”
- Untuckit shirts
- How To Be More Stylish Today – 5 Things You Can Do Now (video)
- The Modest Man
- American Eagle
- Lucky Jeans
- Allen Edmunds Strand
- How to Own & Embrace Your Gray Hair (video)
- Gray Blending Men’s Hair (video)
- Are Your Clothes Making You Look Fat? (article)
- Ralph Lauren
Connect with John
Weekly Inspiration on How to Become a Better Man
Get our latest posts delivered right to your inbox.