Even though movies can make street brawls look sexy, the reality of being in a physical fight is very different than what you see on screen.
Today my guest Gershon Ben Keren talks about the misconceptions around fighting, how to assess dangerous situations, the best way to survive a potentially violent confrontation, and much more.
Gershon Ben Keren
Gershon Ben Keren is a 5th Degree Black Belt in Krav Maga, who has been training in the martial arts and self-defense since 1979. He has won regional and national titles in Judo and regularly trained with the UK National Squad in the early 90’s. And in 2010, he was inducted into the Museum of Israeli Martial Arts in Israel. He now focuses mostly on reality-based self-defense and personal protection and is an elite trainer for civilians, law enforcement, and the military. All of that, and he has a master’s degree in psychology and has written two books.
Hope you enjoy the episode!
- How fighting in the movies is different than real-life confrontations
- How to handle the two major types of violence: premeditated vs. spontaneous
- What to do if you get mugged
- How to de-escalate a bar fight and still appear like an alpha
- Using reflective listening to calm down a belligerent person
- The definition of assault and when you can legally defend yourself
- How training can help you spot a potential attack before it happens
- Two techniques you should know if a fight becomes inevitable
- Evolving beyond situational awareness
Connect With Gershon Ben Keren
Weekly Inspiration on How to Become a Better Man
Get our latest posts delivered right to your inbox.